I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to graze a nice snack spread over sitting down to a large heavy meal. Maybe you need something to take to a party or get together and the only real criteria is, it must be quick and simple! No matter the situation this dried beef cheese ball recipe is a go-to that you what in your recipe arsenal.
If it ain’t quick and simple my friend, you aren’t going to find it here. This mama doesn’t have time for anything else! With only five ingredients, yes, I said 5 ingredients. It will be the perfect addition to your next get together or party.
Did I mention it can be made in advance and sitting in the fridge!?! That leaves you with one less thing to have to worry about as that special time draws near. Pull that thing out when people start arriving or drop in a small cooler and take it with you for your next event.
Dried Beef Cheese Ball for the win!
You can put almost any salty treat or veggie that you would like with this cheese ball, it doesn’t disappoint. It is the perfect little snack to have ready to go when guests show up hungry and meal time is still a ways off. Or as I said before, make it a part of a nice snack spread of fruits, veggies, and crackers and call it done!
The recipe is below, but don’t fret, as always there is a printable version so you can revisit this gem when the time is just right!
Here’s what you’ll need (to make one dried beef cheese ball):
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1-Bottle dried beef (half for in the cheese ball and a half for the outside of the ball)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Accent (to avoid MSG, see alternative below)
Here’s how you do it:
- Finely chop green onions
- Food process dried beef and separate into two equal piles
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except 1 pile of dried beef
- Mix with a hand mixer until everything is well incorporated
- Place on plastic wrap and form a ball using the plastic wrap, then place in the fridge until more firm
- When the ball is firmer, remove from the fridge and quickly pat or roll into a better-formed ball
- Roll the cheese ball in the remaining dried beef
- Re-wrap in plastic wrap and return to the fridge until ready to eat
- This dip is great on all kinds of crackers, bread, and even fresh vegetables!5 Ingredient Dried Beef Cheese BallPrep Time10 minsCook Time20 minsRefrigerator20 minsTotal Time30 minsKeyword: cream cheese ball, dip, dried beef cheese dip, party snacks, snacks, spreadIngredientsCheese Ball Ingredients
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 bottle dried beef Amour is one brand
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Accent
Finely chop green onions
Use a food processor and chop jar of dried beef into small fine pieces and then divide into two equal piles
Place all ingredients in a bowl except for one pile of dried beef
Mix with a hand mixer until everything is well incorporated
Place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and form a ball using the plastic wrap.
Place in the refrigerator 20-30 minutes or until firm
When the ball is firm, remove from fridge and quickly roll into a better-formed ball
Roll ball in remaining chopped dried beef
Re-wrap in plastic wrap and return to the fridge until ready to serve
This spread is great on all kinds of crackers, small specialty bread, and vegetables. The possibilities are really endless!
I didn’t forget…
3 ¼ cups salt
3 Tbsp. black pepper
3 Tbsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. chili powder
3 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. sweet basil
1 Tbsp. crushed bay leaf
1 Tbsp. thyme
- Mix all of the herbs and spices together until well incorporated. Then carefully pour into a blender and cover securely. Blend until all ingredients are well ground together and color is uniform.
- Store in an airtight container. Measure out accordingly.Accent Alternative RecipePrep Time5 minsTotal Time10 minsIngredients
- 3 1/4 cup table salt
- 3 tbsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp sweet basil
- 1 tbsp crushed bay leaf
- 1 tbsp thyme
Mix all of the herbs and spices together until well incorporated
Carefully pour everything into a blender and cover securely
Blend until all ingredients are well ground together and the color is uniform
Store in an airtight container
Measure out accordingly
What are your families favorite “go-to” snacks for get-togethers, special event, or just a fun weekend at home? Let me know what delicious things you find to eat with this cheese ball. I’m always looking something new to mix it up! Leave a reply below ⇓
Check out these other simple recipes to make cooking easy!