I am always looking for attractive ways to integrate order into my life. One such solution that I depend on constantly is my picture frame message board. I use it almost daily in my kitchen. I’m actually thinking about making a few more for select rooms in my house.
Here are a few ideas of ways to use the board:
- Leave messages for family members (informational)
- Make short-term lists to refer to throughout the day or week
- Write sweet notes to your loved ones to find!
- Food menus (daily or weekly)
- Bible verses
- Insert pretty printables (for reference or to use with a dry erase marker)
- Seasonal messages
Now that you see how many great uses this message board has, the question is how do you make it? Well, do I have music for your ears! It could not be easier. Trust me this girl isn’t crafty.
Are you ready? You need a picture frame and whatever you want to decorate the front. If you even want to decorate it. Completely up to you. Picture frames can be so cute on their own these days sometimes they are perfect just as they are.
For my message board I used:
- 8 X 10 sturdy picture frame
- Cream felt flowers with pull off sticky on the back from Michael’s
- Scrapbook paper in desirable prints and colors
- Dry erase markers
I made my board a long time ago, so I do not have step-by-step pictures but believe me when I say, it was crazy easy. You can keep it as simple as I did or as elaborate as your heart desires!
Here is how to do it:
- Make sure the surface of the frame is clean
- Decorate the front of the frame as desired (keeping in mind you will want to have room to write or place printable into the frame and still be able to see them)
- Place a piece of decorative paper into the frame that has been cut to the appropriate frame size
- You are all set!
- Precut other decorative papers to fit ahead of time. This allows you to quickly switch out the theme or purpose of the message board without any extra work at that time. If you don’t have very many alternatives, you may even be able to store them in the frame as well. If you are anything like me though, I like choices, so I have quite a few and store them in a nearby drawer.
- I place cute printables in the frame sometimes if I have a saying or verse that I want to display. With so many super cute sites out there with printables, this gives you a place to display or utilize them.
- Printables that are meant to be written on are sometimes perfect inside of the frame. (Trim them down a little on the sides) It gives you a reusable framework.
- Use it to make a celebration sign for birthdays and other parties and celebrations. (I have used it many times for a “Happy Birthday” at my kid’s parties)
I love that it looks cute in my kitchen and serves so many functional purposes. We are all always looking for tricks to make the day and week run a little smoother.
I can say without hesitation this addition to my kitchen has been wholeheartedly embraced and continually utilized.
Oh, and as I mentioned earlier, I think I am taking this a step further and adding some to other locations around my house. I am thinking maybe my office and the kid’s rooms (to teach them organizational solutions young and to leave them sweet pick-me-ups ♥).
I love the flexibility that it offers, sometimes I am feeling inspired, and sometimes I am feeling a need to calm the chaos with some order, either way, it has me covered! It has made a difference for me, and I just had to pass it on to you!
Don’t miss these printables perfect for your new message board!
Do you use a message board in your home already, if so for what other purposes? If not, do you think this would help you? (Either way, I’d love to know! Reply below)